Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 1, Episode 3|
|Air date||June 26, 2011|
Vulnerability is the third episode in season one of The Glee Project, a spin-off of Glee, in which young hopefuls compete for a seven episode guest starring role on the show.
The contestants find out that their homework assignment is Please Don't Leave Me by P!nk which they sang in front of the guest judge Dot Marie Jones (Coach Beiste). She chose Matheus as the winner for being subtly vulnerable rather than over top, like the rest of the contestants. She criticizes Lindsay for coming across forced, but Lindsay says it wasn't forced at all. Later she broke down, apologized and told Dot Marie about being abused by her boyfriend, but this wasn't shown in the episode.
The contestants are then told that the group number is Mad World by Tears For Fears. For the video shoot, they each pick a word or phrase that describes what makes them vulnerable and put them on boards. They wear the boards around Universal City Walk which is similar to Times Square. These are what the boards said;
- Alex : Gay - He's a homosexual.
- Cameron : Misunderstood - He feels his appearance fails to portray who he is.
- Damian : Numb - He has difficulty feeling strong emotions and doesn't feel like he will ever be able to truly love someone.
- Emily : Used - She was used for sexual favors and filmed by music producers.
- Hannah: Fat - She is overweight.
- Lindsay : Fake - She often pretends to be happy when she's not because she was sexually, verbally and physically abused by her boyfriend. (Though this was cut from the episode.)
- Marissa : Anorexic (originally Flawed) - She used to suffer from anorexia.
- Matheus : Small - He is unusually short for a man of his age.
- McKynleigh : Black Or White? - She is biracial because her father is black and her mother is white.
- Samuel : Rejected- He has been rejected a lot of times (love, career, etc.). Always gets close but never gets what he wants. If he could get one last chance, he feels he could blow someone's mind.
The bottom three were Cameron, Emily, and Damian. Cameron is assigned Your Song by Elton John. Ryan Murphy says his outfit isn't "him," and neither is his performance, so he tells Cameron to come back out with his normal clothes on and repeat the performance. Ryan Murphy likes it much better but says he might be too perfect for the show. Emily sings Grenade by Bruno Mars. Ryan Murphy says he had always wanted to do that song on Glee but never knew how to use it, but after her performance now knows how he could. Damian sings Are You Lonesome Tonight? by Elvis. Damian tells the judges afterward that when he listened to the song, he cried and didn't stop for twenty minutes because he had been in a situation like the one in the song before in which he was faced with a decision to choose between the love of his life and his career. In the end, Emily is eliminated and she sings Keep Holding On.
Eliminated Contestant Interview: Entertainment Weekly Interview with Emily
- Please Don't Leave Me by P!nk. Sung by The Glee Project Contenders.
- Mad World by Tears For Fears (Covered by Gary Jules). Sung by The Glee Project Contenders.
- Grenade by Bruno Mars. Sung by Emily.
- Your Song by Elton John. Sung by Cameron.
- Are You Lonesome Tonight? by Elvis Presley. Sung by Damian.
- Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne. Sung by Emily and The Glee Project Contenders.
- The part with Lindsay saying she was abused by her boyfriend was cut to make it look like she was mean.
Call Back ListEdit
|Not Called Back|
|The Top 12 • Individuality • Theatricality • Vulnerability • Dance-ability • Pairability • Tenacity • Sexuality • Believability • Generosity • Glee-ality|