|Eliminated From The Glee Project|
|Date|| June 12, 2012 |
Taryn Mychal Mai is a contender on the second season of The Glee Project. She withdraws during the second episode, Dance-ability.
Taryn has been performing for over 12 years, but prior to her audition for The Glee Project, she had never performed live for a casting panel. Also new to the traveling world, Taryn had never traveled on an airplane until her trip to Los Angeles for her audition. She is a trained aerialist who also enjoys hobbies such as cooking and painting. Taryn was discovered for The Glee Project through an online video submission.
Taryn quit the show on the second episode because before the filming, her Grandma died of cancer, and on the night of her grandmother's funeral, her cousin died in a car crash. The stress of missing her family made it harder for her to work in group scenario, and eventually led to her decision to leave.
Solos (In a group number)Edit
|The Final 14||N/A||The Edge of Glory|
|Individuality||Born This Way||Here I Go Again|
LOW The contender was at risk for being in the the bottom three.
QUIT The contender quit the competition.
Call Back OrderEdit
NC The contender had no comments from the mentor.
QUIT The contender quit the competition before performing the week's homework assignment.
- When she's performing music, she's doing it for her mother.
- She's the second Glee Project contender to quit the show, after Cameron Mitchell.
- Her grandmother and cousin had recently died before filming. The stress was a factor in her decision to leave the show. Source
- She is the only contender who didn't sing Keep Holding On upon leaving.
- She has 9 tattoos: some on her left arm and two on her inner finger: a pair of opposite arrows (to represent life's ups and downs) and her grandmother's name "Barbara" in purple (her name to honor her and the color to signify pancreatic cancer).
- She loves listening to 80's music and watching 80's movies.
- She is the only contestant from season 2 who didn't come back in the finale of season 2 to help with the homework assignment, big group number, and judging of the final 3.
- She enjoys making covers of songs and putting them on Youtube.
- She is a devout Christian.
- She has one sister and more than one brother.
- According to her Twitter, she does not regret leaving the show.
- She says when she has kids, she wants to name them all names that start with M, according to her Twitter.
- She loves Ireland and Scotland.
- The origin of her name, according to her Twitter: "My grandma was reading an irish novel about a tenacious little girl named Taryn and that's how my mama and her named me!"
- She also has an Irish great-grandmother. Source
- She loves to cook, and says she makes very good homemade spinach.
- She's good at playing pool.
- Some of the other contestants have nick-named her "Mama T", and she says her other nicknames (from her firends) are "TNasty," "Chicken Butt," "Tear Bear" and " Snixkers." Source
- She currently lives in Detroit.
- She has a Dalmatian named Bowie and recently got a kitten named Magic.
- She says she would like to have another tattoo, one "really small on [her] wrist."
- She loves the TV shows "The Vampire Diaries" and "Keeping Up With the Kardashians."
- She is a Libra.
- She works at a place called "Beaumont."
- She says she goes to the doctor every 3 months because she's so serious about her health.
- Besides 80's music, she also likes Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Chris Brown and Beyonce.
- She released her Debut Single "Who Do I Have To Be" on October 16th.
- Due to the high demand from her fans, she released a video of her singing the Glee Project segment of Keep Holding On. twitvid.com/NNNYU Source
- Due to the circumstances under which she left the show, as well as the fact that she did not return for the Season Two finale, it has been highly speculated that this was because she will be granted acceptance into Season Three of The Glee Project, should this ever occur.