|Marissa von Bleicken|
|Birthday||October 30, 1991|
|Hometown||New York, New York|
|Eliminated From The Glee Project|
|Date||July 24, 2011 (Tenacity)|
Marissa von Bleicken was a contender in the first season of The Glee Project. She was eliminated in the sixth episode, Tenacity.
Marissa is a 22 year old native New Yorker. She has been acting for over 13 years, appearing in commercials and off-broadway productions. She was born on October 30, 1991. She describes her style as "tight, bright and globally inspired." She was eliminated in Tenacity, episode 6. She suffered from anorexia in the past. She is Russian and German. She attended Tantasqua Regional High School in Massachusetts. Marissa attended Pace University in New York City as a theatre major.
- Her name is Marissa Catharine von Bleicken
- She said in an interview that she had fake fangs when she was little because her incisors were very long like a vampire's fangs. Source
- She suffered from anorexia when she was younger.
- Wants to be on Glee because Glee "doesn't have any red-haired girls."
- This isn't true because Emma has red hair, but there aren't any red haired girls in the Glee Club.
- Loves to sing R&B and Bollywood songs.
- Grew up in a very theatrical environment because her dad (Eric von Bleicken) was an opera singer. Source
- Is a skilled actress, singer, dancer, designer and artist, and has been appearing in commercials professionally for the past 12 years.
- Ryan Murphy stated that he mistakenly eliminated a contender in an episode of The Glee Project, and it was confirmed that it was Marissa. Source
- Didn't like her naturally mismatched hair and eyebrows, so she tried to dye her hair dark to match them once. However, it ended up turning purple.
- Had her first kiss during the production of Les Misérables in high school.
- Likes henna tattoos.
- Knows sign language.
- When she was in high school, a homeless man stole all of her clothing when her suitcase was momentarily left on the curb outside of her apartment building.
- Favorite foods are mangos or anything from the Indian & Ethiopian cuisines.
- Considered Alex as one of her closest friends on the Glee project.
- The song that inspires her the most is "Believe" by Cher.
- Favorite character from Glee is Sue Sylvester, the Cheerleading coach.
- Stated by the rest of the TGP member's, she has the best impersonation of Damian.
- Damian described her as "gorgeous, has incredible features, and is a lovely girl."
- In season 2, her sister Brege von Bleicken made it to the top 80, though not in the top 30.
- She has taken 10 years of ballet, 5 of tap and modern, and scattered lessons in Flamenco, Hip Hop, and other styles.
- Ryan said that he was "losing sleep after the Marissa elimination."
- Marissa, Brege, and Hannah formed a band called the Ginger Dukes.
- She is usually seen wearing banana earrings on The Glee Project.
- She has confirmed that she has a boyfriend who works as a model via this tweet from January 18: "Missing the bf! In Paris walking for Givenchy! Sad I couldn't make it out there to support him. Ain't he dapper?!"
- She is a model for her and her sister's friend's jewelry line WhatTheNell.
- Her current agency is Innovative Artists.
- She currently lives in New York.
- She taught a dancing/acting workshop at Ripley Grier Studios on June 2, 2012.
- She has a one-eyed cat named Sir Winxalot.
- Some of her favorite films are Practical Magic and Memoirs of a Geisha.
- She played Cosette in her high school's production of Les Miserables and Mimi in their production of Rent.
- She tweeted that, despite her soulful tone, "I actually am a soprano!"
- Her favorite book is The Little Prince.
- She was shy when she was younger.
- Some of her favorite TV shows are Sex and the City, Weeds, South Park, Family Guy, Lost and Will and Grace.
- She was the second contestant to win 2 HWA's, after Matheus. She is also the first of three contestants to be eliminated the week they won the HWA, the second being Hannah, and the third being Michael .
- She dressed as Princess Jasmine from Aladdin for Halloween 2012.
Solos (In a Duet)Edit
Solos (In a group number)Edit
|Individuality||Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)||Firework|
|Theatricality||Bad Romance||We're Not Gonna Take It|
|Vulnerability||Please Don't Leave Me||Mad World|
|Dance-ability||Hey, Soul Sister||U Can't Touch This|
|Pairability||Need You Now||Don't You Want Me (With Samuel)|
|Tenacity||Bulletproof||Under Pressure/Ice Ice Baby|
IN The contender was called back.
LOW The contender was cited as needing improvement but was not at risk of elimination.
WIN The contender won the homework assignment.
W/O The contender won the homework assignment but was eliminated.