|Lily Mae Harrington|
|Birthday||September 23, 1993|
|Eliminated From The Glee Project|
|Date||August 07, 2012 (Actability)|
|Place||4th/5th (with Michael)|
Lily Mae Harrington is a contender on the second season of The Glee Project. She was eliminated in the tenth episode, Actability.
Lily Mae comes from a very musical family. She has been singing all her life and involved with musical theatre for the past six years. Despite her lack of class attendance, Lily Mae was highly involved in extracurricular activities in high school. She is currently enrolled as a student at Westminster Choir College. Even though she has performed for over 2,500 people at Symphony Hall in Boston, Lily Mae still finds it challenging to convince people that as a full-figured woman, she can be any show's leading lady. Lily Mae originally auditioned for The Glee Project online and at the New York City open casting call.
- She loves potatoes (mashed potatoes, french fries, etc.).
- She was a bully in middle school but decided to change after she watched Mean Girls. She later apologized to a girl she bullied.
- She loves Taylor Swift.
- She lived in New Zealand for a full year.
- Considers Lea Michele to be a role model for her, and got emotional when Lea called her strikingly beautiful in Individuality.
- Her dream is to become an EGOT winner (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony).
- She lives in L.A. with fellow contestants Nellie and Aylin.
- She has a sister named Addie and two brothers, Travis and Will.
- During Theatricality she stated that she considers herself to be a lot like Cyndi Lauper.
- Being too loud while singing in a group is one of her biggest insecurities (as seen in Tenacity ).
- She says in at least two episodes that she weighs 240 pounds.
- She's a fan of So You Think You Can Dance and The Newsroom.
- She has had her tonsils taken out after the show ended (Sexuality Video Diary).
- She had a crush on Blake and said he and Ali were the people she was closest to in the house and that they were like the Three Musketeers.
- One of her dream roles is Annie Oakley in "Annie Get Your Gun."
- She is the third and last one to sing Keep Holding On twice. She is also one of the first contenders to sing it as a duet, with Michael. Despite singing Keep Holding On twice, she never got to sing it as a solo.
- Her favorite role she has ever played so far was Adelaide in her high school's production of Guys and Dolls.
- She can burp on command.
- She wants to be the first full-figured, sexy leading lady.
- Her and Aylin were edited to be enemies, but are actually really close friends.
- She graduated from Nauset High School in 2011.
- Some of her past roles include ingenue Kim in "Bye Bye Birdie," Amy in "Little Women" and Daddy Warbucks' assistant Lily in "Annie" at the Harwich Junior Theater. She also performed as one of five ensemble members in "Side by Side by Sondheim" at Cotuit Center for the Arts. Source
- She made all-state choir her junior year in high school, which landed her a solo at Symphony Hall in Boston at age 16. Source
- She can play the guitar, ukelele and piano. Source
- She has training as a lyrical soprano/belter.
- Her vocal coach is John Murelle.
- She also sent in a video audition as well as a live audition (her video audition song was "On My Own" from Les Miserables). Source
- She sang the Star-Spangled Banner with the Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra to open the 27th Annual TD Bank Pops by the Sea concert on August 12, 2012.
- She and other contenders from both seasons (Shanna, Abraham, Charlie, Cameron, and Marissa) performed at a show in Florida. Besides singing Moves Like Jagger/Milkshake and We Found Love with the group, she also performed her Someone Like You LCP and did Ali's part of Last Friday Night with Abraham (as Ali was in New York at the time and could not make it).
- She went to the "Pitch Perfect" premiere with Nellie, Aylin, Abraham, Micheal, and Blake.
- She is a guest star on Michael and Nellie's Far and Away podcast February 27.
- Nellie, Michael, Lily, Abraham, Aylin, and Charlie hosted a show together called The Concert Project on March 23, 2013 at 7:30 pm.
- Main article: Lily Mae's Quotations
Solos (In a group number)Edit
IN The contender was not at risk of elimination.
HIGH The contender was first on the callback list and not at risk of elimination.
LOW The contender was cited for needing improvement but wasn't at risk for elimination.
RISK The contender was at risk of being eliminated.
WIN The contender won the homework assingnment and was the first on the callback list
OUT The contender was eliminated.
NC The contender had no comments from the mentor.
WIN The contender won the homework assignment.
FB The mentor gave the contender feedback since his/her performance could've been better.
HIGH The contender impressed the mentor but was not chosen as the Homework Assignment Winner.