Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 1, Episode 1|
|Air date||June 12, 2011|
The Top 12
Twelve contestants are greeted by guest judge Darren Criss (Blaine Anderson) before their first homework assignment that requires them to sing a couple lines each of Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) by Stevie Wonder. Matheus wins the homework assignment earning him the starring role in the group's rendition of Firework and the opportunity to work one-on-one with Darren Criss.
The group records the vocals and films the music video for their rendition of Firework by Katy Perry and are judged on their vocals and their individuality so they can bring a character to Glee. After reviewing the music video, it is decided that Damian, Bryce, and Ellis would make up the bottom three for the week, and to save themselves from elimination, they would have to sing in front of Ryan Murphy for a last chance performance. The three judges, Ryan, Robert (the casting director of Glee), and Zach (the choreographer of Glee) ultimately decide who will be eliminated. Damian sings Rick Springfield's Jessie's Girl, but his nerves get the better of him, and since he had only first heard the song when he was assigned it, he repeatedly sings "I wish I was Jessie's girl," instead of "I wish I had Jessie's girl." Bryce sings Bruno Mars's Just the Way You Are, and is very nervous because he feels the song is too high for him. He was in the bottom three because he had an attitude with Zach during filming for the music video and changed his part, because he didn't feel the original idea fitted his character. Ellis sings Big Spender from Sweet Charity for being too animated in her performance and not being true to herself. In the end, Bryce was the first contestant of the competition to be eliminated. He sings Keep Holding On with the other contestants backing him up.
Most Likely to:
- Alex - be a Fashion Designer
- Bryce - be a Heartbreaker
- Cameron - be a Nerd Forever
- Damian - be a Soap Star
- Ellis - be a Child Forever
- Emily - be a Swimsuit Model
- Hannah - be a Class Clown
- Lindsay - Start a Charity
- Marissa - be in a Shampoo Commercial
- Matheus - be a Fitness Instructor
- McKynleigh - be a Country Bumpkin
- Samuel - Go His Own Way
Eliminated contestant interview: Entertainment Weekly Interview with Bryce
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) by Stevie Wonder. Sung by The Glee Project Contenders.
- Firework by Katy Perry. Sung by The Glee Project Contenders.
- Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield. Sung by Damian.
- Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars. Sung by Bryce.
- Big Spender from the musical Sweet Charity. Sung by Ellis.
- Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne. Sung by Bryce and The Glee Project Contenders.
- John Ross Bowie appears in the music video as the photographer, presumably Dennis from the Glee season 1 episode "Mattress."
- This is the first time that all of the Last Chances Performances have been previously performed on Glee. This doesn't happen again until Season Two's seventh episode, Theatricality .
- In Damian's last chance performance, instead of singing the lyrics "I wish that I had Jesse's Girl," he sings "I wish that I WAS Jesse's Girl."
Call Back ListEdit
|Not Called Back|
|The Top 12 • Individuality • Theatricality • Vulnerability • Dance-ability • Pairability • Tenacity • Sexuality • Believability • Generosity • Glee-ality|