|Birthday||February 25, 1991|
|Hometown||Asheville, North Carolina|
|Nicknames||Ginger G, Rogue, MC Hannah|
|Eliminated From The Glee Project|
|Date||August 7, 2011 (Believability)|
Hannah McIalwain was a contender of the first season of The Glee Project. She was eliminated in the eighth episode, Believability.
Hannah McIalwain was a theatre student at Queens University at Charlotte with no prior vocal training other than high school chorus. While home for Christmas break in Asheville, she saw a commercial for auditions for The Glee Project. She left North Carolina, dropping out of college, and made her way to Dallas for the auditions. She was called back and auditioned for Robert Ulrich, beating out 40,000 people to win one of the 12 spots in The Glee Project. In the show, she was known as MC Hannah with her signature, “skadoosh” and her comical personality. Self-conscious about her weight, she uses her keen sense of humor and exuberance to overcome any negative feelings about her appearance.
- She was said to be the class clown.
- Specializes in rap, as she has her own style known as "Skadoosh."
- During the Glee Project, she had a crush on Damian, and the feeling was mutual. Source
- She and Lindsay made a video together titled The Cee Cee and Dee Dee Show. Video.
- Damian, Hannah, and Cameron had a "three musketeers" relationship.
- She appeared in 'Made', alongside rapper Chiba. (to watch her 'being Made' into a rapper you can watch here).
- She gave Damian his first American pet, a fish named Rufus.
- She loves surprises.
- Marissa, Brege (Marissa's sister), and herself formed a band called the Ginger Dukes.
- She is still close with many of the contestants now that the show has ended, particularly Cameron, Damian, Alex and Lindsay.
- She tells her 'Team Hannah' to show Alex the love they show her.
- The books of 'The Chronicles of Narnia' series entertains her while she does laundry.
- She once drove her car on the sidewalk. (Source)
- She has lived with Lindsay for a few months after the Glee Project.
- Hannah was the last contestant to be eliminated from season 1 of The Glee Project.
- She named the cheese lamp in the recording studio.
- She has 2 dogs named Isabella and Theodore (Teddy).
- Has acted in a couple small independent movies.
- The first concert she went to was She Sha-Daisies.
- Her favorite character on Glee is Kurt Hummel.
- "Someone Like You" by Adele is her favorite song.
- Her favorite food is cheese.
- She is left handed.
- Her "celebrity crush" is Edward Cullen from the Twilight saga.
- Wicked is her favorite musical,
- She calls her rapping alter-ego Rouge.
- She performed at the Gracie Awards, at White Horse, Black Mountain (January 20, 2012) and at Kings Dominion in DC (July 28, 2012).
- She thinks the hardest week was Dance-Ability.
- She has an older sister named Heather.
- She is learning how to play guitar. She named her instrument Wylla.
- She is a fan of the TV shows "Game of Thrones" and "Grey's Anatomy."
- According to her IMDb profile, she will be playing Sherri The Rockin' Teen in the film "Stuck," which is currently in post-production.
- She said she was a tomboy as a kid and spent a lot of time in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- During her time in Utah, she got to know American Idol contestant David Archuleta through school. Source
- She used to camp, ski, and play softball a lot.
- She played the cello in her school's orchestra.
- Her first musical role was Aunt Eller in her high school's production of "Oklahoma" in 9th grade.
- After TGP, she got involved with the organization "Hope's Voice" and their True Beauty Campaign. Her job was to "[goes] around to different colleges and talk with students about overcoming their insecurities and realizing their “true beauty”." She says she got involved because "I have struggled with self-confidence issues in the past and I see this as an opportunity to help others get past their own issues. I just feel blessed to have the chance to affect people’s lives in a positive way." Source
- She says she first started feeling insecure about her weight when she received a workout video as a Christmas present from her mom when she was five years old. Source
- She went to a wellness camp the summer before starting high school and lost over 40 pounds there. Source
- She graduated from Owen High School. Source
- The word skadoosh has been said in both seasons of The Glee Project.
- Lily from season 2 knows how to do Hannah's backwards worm dance.
- She appeared on television shows Awkward and Jessie.
Solos (In Duets)Edit
Solos (In a group number)Edit
IN The contender was called back.
LOW The contender was cited as needing improvement but was not at risk of elimination.
OUT The contender won the homework assignment but was eliminated.