|Season 1, Episode 9|
Generosity is the ninth episode of the first season of The Glee Project, a spinoff of Glee, in which young hopefuls compete for a seven episode guest starring role on the show.
The 4 remaining contenders find themselves singing Lean On Me for their homework assignment to impress the guest judge, Kevin McHale (Artie Abrams). Kevin compliments them all before picking Lindsay as the homework winner. She receives one on one time with Kevin, and the magic comb that Artie gave Brittany in the show. The musical number is SING and some of the contenders are not pleased that they will also be playing instruments. Lindsay plays guitar, Damian plays drums, Samuel plays keyboard and Alex plays the bass. Samuel, to his surprise, is the only one who actually plays instruments, so the other contenders have to fake this convincingly. They also share their performance, out of the spirit of generosity, with four talented students from Education Through Music L.A.
The bottom three were about to be picked out, before a phone call from Ryan Murphy comes through. All four are to do a last chance performance. Zack and Robert were not there to judge but the co-creater and writer of Glee - Ian Brennan - and Ryan will be there. Lindsay sings Defying Gravity; Ryan says it was good but he still can't see her vunerable side. Damian sings I've Gotta Be Me; Ryan loves it and gives him positive feedback. Alex sings His Eye Is On The Sparrow; Ryan says Alex is a mix up of Kurt and Mercedes and can sometimes be too much of a diva. Samuel sings My Funny Valentine and Ryan says he's improved but still struggles to see his vunerable side.
The contenders make their way to the elimination list, but all four are relieved when they are all saved to go another week.
- Lean On Me by Bill Withers. Sung by The Glee Project Contenders.
- SING by My Chemical Romance. Sung by The Glee Project Contenders.
- His Eye Is On the Sparrow by Lauryn Hill. Sung by Alex.
- I've Gotta Be Me by Sammy Davis, Jr.. Sung by Damian.
- Defying Gravity from the musical Wicked. Sung by Lindsay.
- My Funny Valentine from the musical Babes in Arms. Sung by Samuel.
- Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne. Sung by The Glee Project Contenders.
Call Back ListEdit
|Not Called Back|
You're all called back!
- This is the first time where there wasn't an elimination.
- This is the third episode that wasn't used in season 2, the other ones were Pairability and Believability.
- This is the first time that nobody sings Keep Holding On. The final four only sing the backup vocals.
|The Top 12 • Individuality • Theatricality • Vulnerability • Dance-ability • Pairability • Tenacity • Sexuality • Believability • Generosity • Glee-ality|