|Age||19 (during the Glee Project)|
|Eliminated From The Glee Project|
|Date||June 19, 2011 (Theatricality)|
Ellis B. Wylie was a contender in the first season of The Glee Project. She was eliminated in the second episode of season one, Theatricality.
Ellis had been performing in amateur shows for four years before the The Glee Project. Always the outcast in high school, she used her vocal talents and experience in musical theater to find friends and express herself. Ellis is 19 years old and lives in Grayslake, IL. She entered the contest at the Chicago open casting call. She is often mistaken to be younger than 19.
- Her speciality is in Jazz. Ryan Murphy stated he was interested in having a jazz singer for Glee.
- Her favorite character from Glee is Sue Sylvester.
- Her idol is Ella Fitzgerald.
- She knows how to play piano and has been playing since she was seven years old. She can also play the ukulele (she named it Frodo).
- She has three cats: Buddy, Chi and Finch.
- Arranges and composes her own music.
- Rib-eye steak is her favorite food. She also likes guacamole, tacos, chai, peanut-butter Twix, pizza and ice cream.
- Her favorite color is orange, and has said that half of the clothes she owns are orange.
- Has been to eight different countries.
- Before auditioning for the Glee Project she cut her hair short.
- Admitted to having a crush on fellow contestant Damian McGinty Jr..
- On twitter, she stated that if she stayed until the Vulnerability episode, her word would be "Child."
- However on her tumblr, she stated it would be "babyface" or "spineless."
- Fought with Lindsay Pearce after Lindsay publicly asked Ellis if it was "her best first kiss" during Episode 2 because she felt Lindsay had attacked and called her out constantly. The two have since become good friends and have even spent time together.
- Is a big fan of Japanese anime and culture, particularly the cartoon series "Inuyasha" which inspired her YouTube username and "Fruit Basket" which she has a poster of in her room.
- She loves Japanese snacks like Pocky and chocolate gummies.
- She has been mistaken as a child, most notably by Robert Ulrich during her audition in which he thought she was only 12 years old.
- Stated in respose to a fan's question that she has not given up on being on Glee, and intends to try out at the open auditions for the show.
- She collects Asian Ball Jointed dolls.
- Her first concert was James Brown, just four months before he died.
- She says despite her tough and cynical attitude, something she really wants is to get married.
- She can whinny like a horse.
- She says she's "way too sarcastic for [her] own good," she cusses too much and she's "probably the most cynical person you'll ever meet."
- She is an only child.
- Thinks it's hilarious that people thought her full name was Elisabeth Beatrice Wylie. (source)
- Her great-aunts and grandmother were jazz singers, and her grandfather was in a barbershop quartet and played ragtime piano for silent movies.
- She participated in musicals "Peter Pan" and "Kiss Me, Kate!" at Grayslake Central High School before graduating in 2010. She also played the rug in her school's production of "Beauty and the Beast." Source
- She likes to watch Doctor Who, Merlin, Sherlock, My Fair Wedding, Game of Thrones, Avatar the Last Airbender, How I Met Your Mother, Private Practice, Castle, and NCIS.
- She is fan of Harry Potter and the Hunger Games.
- Some of her favorite movies are Casino Royale, Star Trek (2009), The Illusionist, Death at a Funeral, Casanova, Princess Mononoke, Back to the Future pt. 1, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Hocus Pocus, Iron Man, To Kill a Mockingbird, North by Northwest, Rear Window, Tarzan, the Avengers, Spirited Away, and Howl’s Moving Castle.
- She loves to listen to Maroon 5 and The Beatles.
- She used to be a Girl Scout but dropped out after receiving the green sash.
- She loves horses.
- During the show, she ended up getting a respiratory infection which required antibiotics. Source
- Her favorite musicals are Wicked, My Fair Lady, and Annie.
- She loves In-N-Out Burger and Chipotle.
- She claims to have the best fashion sense, according to this interview.
- She makes a cameo appearance in the Glee episode Swan Song. She is an audience member in the NYADA auditorium during the Winter Showcase.
- She said that she was happy to be on Glee but didn't know that she had to sit in the front.
- She is the first contender to appear on Glee that was eliminated, the second being Dani. Both were the second contender to be eliminated in their seasons.
Solos (In a group number)Edit
|Individuality||Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)||Firework|
|Theatricality||Bad Romance||We're Not Gonna Take It|
RISK The contender was at risk of being eliminated.
OUT The contender was eliminated.