|Don't Stop Believin'|
|Sung by||Alex Newell, Damian McGinty Jr., Lindsay Pearce and Samuel Larsen|
Don't Stop Believin was the Homework Assignment on the finale of the first season of The Glee Project, Glee-ality . It was performed by Alex, Damian, Lindsay and Samuel along with the former contenders of the season. It was originally sung by Journey.
Damian was stopped half way through the first few lines of the performance by Ryan Murphy, and the rest of the contenders were brought on to the surprise and joy of the final four. The other contenders then sang backup for the final four throughout the entire song.
Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere
Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on
Samuel and Lindsay:
Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Alex and Damian:
Streetlights people, living just to find emotion
Hiding, somewhere in the night.
Don't stop believin'
Hold on to the feelin'
- It's the second group number that is interrupted by the guest mentor. (The first one being Bulletproof, by Max Adler during Tenacity).
- This song was performed by New Directions on Glee's Season One episodes "Pilot" and "Journey to Regionals."
- This song is considered by many as Glee's anthem song.
- Everyone wears red for this song like in 'Pilot'.
- This is the first time nobody won a HW assignment