|Birthday||June 16, 1987|
|Eliminated From The Glee Project|
|Date|| August 14th, 2012 |
|Place||2nd (with Aylin)|
Michael & Lily Mae
Ali has been a New York City actress and singer for more than three quarters of her life. She is a graduate of New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts with a Bachelor of Fine Arts, concentration in drama. Ali is paralyzed from the chest down due to a car accident, and has used a wheelchair since she was two-years-old. She strives to inspire other people with disabilities who want to pursue a career in performance to follow their dreams. She originally auditioned for The Glee Project at the New York City open casting call.
- She was originally called back in Season One, but turned it down to star in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at The Paper Mill Playhouse.
- She is a Mezzo-Soprano, but because she is paralyzed from the chest down, she can't engage the diaphragm, stomach, or core, as someone in her vocal range would normally do. She has had to create her own singing techniques to accommodate her paralysis. Source
- Her paralysis was caused by a car accident she had when she was two years old. Her older brother suffered from severe head trauma in the same accident.
- Her spinal cord injury is at the C7-T2 level (low on her neck or cervical vertebrae to high on her chest or thoracic vertebrae). Source
- It is believed that Ali is the first disabled actor/actress to be cast in a leading role in a musical. Source
- She has been on Sesame Street twice Source.
- Ali holds a national record in wheelchair racing Source.
- She plays the role of Jeannie in the movie Cotton that is slated to be released in 2012. Source
- Ali is a strong swimmer who enjoys learning to surf with Life Rolls On (the group that was featured in the Glee Episode "Big Brother").
- She is known for being outgoing and positive.
- During her time in The Glee Project, Ali developed a close friendship with contender Dani Shay and became a spokesperson in the Be More Heroic anti-bully campaign Dani and a few friends began in 2011. Source
- Ali believes that the sexiest contender in TGP2 is Dani Shay, the sexiest people on Glee are Sam and Mercedes, and the sexiest contender in TGP season one was Samuel Larsen. Source
- Dani Shay rooted for Ali to win after she (Dani) was eliminated early in the competition. Source
- She has sung in several benefits for the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation, including the Born for Broadway annual event where Jenna Ushkowitz also sang in both 2010 and 2012.
- Ali is close friends with Megan Hilty from Smash. Source
- Her favorite song is "If It's Magic" by Stevie Wonder Source.
- Ali stated in an interview that she believes wheelchairs can be sexy.
- She is the first and only (so far) contender of season two to win two homework assignments, and also the only to win two times in a row. And be first on callback for 4 weeks in a row. She is also the second contender to win two homework assignments and not be eliminated (Samuel won two in season one).
- Her celebrity crush is Ryan Reynolds.
- She started tweeting later than the other contestants.
- Her favorite color is pink. Source
- Ali loves Broadway, and it is her dream to be on it.
- She has a younger sister named Tory and an older brother named Jake.
- She was never in the Bottom Three. Her first solo LCP was in Actability, in which they were all required to perform.
- She sang "True Colors" for her video audition.
- Her favorite musical is Urinetown.
- Something weird about her is that she loves tape and likes to roll it with her fingers and stick it to her face, according to her backstory video.
- The wheelchair she used on the show was named Roxanne. However, she recently got a new wheelchair (that has yet to be named) with gold rims. Source
- She had to do physical therapy when she was 3–4 years old.
- She said that the best singers on season two were Dani and Shanna.
- She performed at a benefit for St. Jude's Hospital on August 26 Source, did a concert at the Paralympics in London in late August Source, is going to do a school tour with Be More Heroic, the anti-bullying organization co-founded by Dani Shay that will "bring the message of love and compassion," and is writing a one-woman show for Broadway based on her life, according to an interview with Reality Wanted.
- She will also be starring in a movie "about a girl who was hit by a bus and is now fighting to perform in a musical production in which the lead is originally able to walk, but the man in charge is reluctant to let her keep the spot."
- The other contestants have said that she makes amazing salads.
- She usually wears a brace on her chest, but couldn't in Fearlessness because the contenders were in bathing suits. Source
- She is the daughter of a Benjamin Franklin Middle School teacher and Ridgewood Parks & Recreation employee. Source
- She graduated from Ridgewood High School. Source
- She is former member of the NYU N'harmonics.
- Stroker has starred in several productions at New Players, Playwrights Horizon and American Theatre of Actors and played Sister Aloysius in a European production of "Doubt." Other roles have included a lead in a children’s production called "A Generation for Change" (to raise money for the nonprofit group Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy) when she was 11 years old, Dorothy in "The Wiz" at Sommerville Children's Theatre when she was in 4th grade, and Maria in "West Side Story" during her senior year of high school. SourceSource 2 Source 3
- She is a member of Team Hotwheelz, a Dance 4 Life-sponsored wheelchair dance team.
- Currently dating fellow contender Dani Shay .
- She played Betty on episode 14, ( I Do) of Glee.
- Ali is the third female contestant from The Glee Project to be featured on Glee. The other three were Lindsay and Ellis (before her) and Dani (also in the Wedding Episode).
- She portrays a similar character on Glee, as she did in the Tonight Tonight music video.
- Main article: Ali's Quotations
Solos (In Duets)
Solos (In a group number)
RUNNER UP The contender was the runner up on The Glee Project.
IN The contender was not at risk of elimination.
LOW The contender was at risk for being in the bottom three.
RISK The contender did a last chance performance but was not at risk of being eliminated.
HIGH The contender did an amazing performance this week and was the second on the callback list
WIN The contender won the Homework Assignment and was first on the callback list.
NC The contender had no comments from the mentor.
FB The mentor gave the contestant feedback since his/her performance could've been better.
HIGH The contender impressed the mentor but was not chosen as the Homework Assignment Winner.
WIN The contender won the homework assignment.