Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Birthday||August 20, 1992|
|The Glee Project|
|Place||2nd (Runner-up with Lindsay)|
Alex Newell has been performing since he was a toddler, and has also been performing in small amateur shows since high school. He lost his father to cancer at the age of six and his infinite love for acting and singing has helped him find a way to express his emotions. Alex's extracurricular activities such as church choir, school choir, improv club and costume design keep him extremely busy and extremely happy.
- He auditioned by singing "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going."
- He fought verbally with Matheus
- He often is compared to Kurt and Mercedes.
- He has a very wide vocal range that includes the double high B flat.
- His sign for Mad World was 'Gay'.
- Wants to be Karofsky's love interest. Source.
- Loves when people call him 'Kurtcedes' Source.
- The cast member he was excited to meet is Lea Michele.
- He calls people/people call him 'BooBooFace'.
- He owns over 80 scarves and 150 pairs of shoes.
- Scarves are his favourite accessories, with shoes coming a close second.
- Is openly gay and gets annoyed when people judge him.
- 3 out of the 4 last chance performances that Alex sang which have appeared on Glee have been sung by Mercedes. Ryan Murphy said during one of these last chance performances that with him on the show, Mercedes would have some competition.
- His first concert was Barney Live.
- His favorite character on Glee is Mercedes Jones.
- He was cast in the movie version of a young adult novel called Geography Club. His role in the movie involves singing the National Anthem at a football game. Source Source
- He created the name for his character Unique.
- He has played football (position: center) in high school as well as participated in show choir, theater, his church choir, improv club and costume design.
- His mother has his version of "Boogie Shoes" (from his episodes on Glee) as her ringtone.
- He performed at the Hard Rock Cafe (August 18, 2012).
- He loves to watch Sex and the City, LA Hair, Teen Mom, The Voice, America's Got Talent, The Game, Hellcats, Awkward, The New Normal and Dance Moms.
- He says he has a really hard time watching movies involving racism because he gets very upset and can't believe people used to be that way.
- He is a Christian.
- He says his biggest inspiration is his mother, who raised him as a single parent after his father passed away.
- He went to Bishop Fenwick High School.
- He was originally going to attend The University of California Berkley College of Music after graduating from high school, but changed his mind when Glee's producers asked him and his character Unique/Wade to return for Glee's fourth season. He was also gearing up to shoot a different show in a different state but turned it down to return as Unique. Source 1 Source 2
- He was named after his father.
- His favorite color is purple.
- His favorite play he was ever in was "A Christmas Carol."
- His favorite movies are Dreamgirls, Grey Gardens, 50 First Dates and The Color Purple.
- He says Brooke and Zach have nicknamed him "Woman" on the Glee set. Source
- He says that before getting into the business, he planned on being a therapist and still plans on going to school to pursue that later in life.
- He is the last Season One winner to appear on Glee.
Solos (In Duets)Edit
Solos (In a group number)Edit
IN The contender was called back.
WIN The contender won the homework assignment.
RISK The contender was at risk of being eliminated.
RUNNER UP The contender is the runner up of the competition and won a two episode arc on Glee.